If you require assistance boarding or de-planing please make your needs known to your Air Carrier. Special assistance is offered for passengers with small children or young children travelling alone, seniors, those requiring wheelchairs or other items.
Navigating the Airport
- Building Design: The Regina International Airport worked with the Canadian transport industry to ensure that our facilities are barrier-free in design.
- Air Carrier Notification: Please notify your Air Carrier, either directly or through your travel agent, when special assistance is required. All airlines operating through the Regina Airport provide wheelchairs for those requiring assistance during their travels.
- Escort Passes: Passengers with special needs and who wish to have a family member or friend accompany them through to their departure gate should contact their air carrier. This pass is limited to one per passenger.
- TTY / Teletypewriters: Teletypewriters are available throughout the terminal at most SaskTel kiosks. In addition to this service, the entire Airport Terminal Building is a wireless hotspot. Anyone can connect to the wireless service provided they have the necessary equipment.
- Washrooms: Washrooms are located throughout the terminal and are clearly marked by signage. There is a Family Room located in the south end of the building and is the largest washroom facility in the building. All washrooms are large enough to accommodate wheelchairs and come equipped with accessible stalls, lower sinks and angled mirrors.
Getting to the Airport
- Curb Pick-up / Drop-off Locations: The airport terminal has a designated curbside pick-up/drop-off area (3 minute maximum) located south of the Departures entrance. In order to make things easier for those requiring an accessible short term drop-off or pick-up location, the airport has designated the southern curb for this purpose. This area is clearly marked, and only available to those requiring a quick drop-off or pick-up location point.
- Short and Long Term Parking: The airport has designated stalls for accessible parking in both the short and long-term parking lots. These areas are located across from the terminal building and subject to regular parking fees.
- Pre-arranged Waiting for Limousine and Taxi Services: The airport has designated an area for all passengers, including those with special needs, awaiting pick-up by limousine, taxi or private individual. This area is located just outside the Arrivals doors and is clearly marked by signage. Taxi service is provided by Capital Cabs. If there is no cab available outside, proceed to the Customer Services desk which is located near the bottom of the Arrivals escalator and a taxi coordinator will arrange for a taxi. To ensure that our cab companies can provide the best accessible service (i.e. wheelchairs), it is important that passengers travelling with special needs contact Capital Cabs at 306.791.2222 at least 24 hours in advance.
- Public Transportation: Regina’s public transportation provides limited service to the Regina International Airport. Passengers travelling with special needs can make prearrangements with the Regina Paratransit Service at 306.777.7007.
- Vehicle Rentals: Regina International Airport has six different vehicle rental providers that are required to provide hand-controlled vehicles as long as adequate notice is given. Please contact these car rental agencies well in advance of your arrival.
Other Support Information for Air Travel Accessibility
For more tips on airport and passenger accessibility visit the Canadian Transportation Agency:
- A Guide for Persons with Disabilities – Taking Charge of the Air Travel Experience
- Air Travel Accessibility Regulations
For information about accessibility options provided by the Regina Airport Authority, please contact our office at 306.761.7555 or at email@example.com.
Nexus at YQR
In January 2013, Regina International Airport was added to the list of Canadian airports aimed at making air travel a little more convenient by accepting the NEXUS card. Please note, at the present time we do not have a NEXUS Enrolment Centre on-site to assist in the application process. For a list of current NEXUS Enrolment Centres (Airport) please visit http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus. (Click here to view the news release).